Don’t have access to Fortnite on ChromeOS? Follow our tips to join the game
Table of Contents
- 1 SUMMARY
- 2 Download Fortnite on Chromebook via Nvidia GeForce Now
- 3 Download Fortnite via Google Play Store on Chromebook
Fortnite Battle Royale is a very popular shooter game among young gamers and fighting enthusiasts. Developed and published by Epic Games, the studio decides on which platforms it wants to publish its flagship title.
So far, it is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation and Xbox. However, following recent conflicts with Epic, Apple has removed the game from its App Store.
Additionally, Fortnite does not work on ChromeOS or Linux. Therefore, if you own a Chromebook, despite its ability to run Android apps, it will be difficult for you to launch the game.
Luckily, we know of two tricks that allow you to bypass the restrictions and thus play on your Chrome laptop. Attention, one is official, the other unofficial … We will detail them for you in this tutorial about How to install Fortnite on a Chromebook?
Download Fortnite on Chromebook via Nvidia GeForce Now
With Nvidia GeForce Now, you can play Fortnite with a keyboard and mouse, or a gamepad. Also note that this service works on Chromebooks which are usually not compatible with the Play Store.
Create a GeForce Now account
To download Fortnite, it is essential to create a GeForce Now account, if you do not already have one. When you register, several choices are available to you.
The free subscription which gives you standard access to the game, with a variable download wait, and the right to a session of only 1 hour.
On the other hand, the subscription as a Founder at 5.49 € / month offers you priority access, an extended playing time, and RTX On technology.
Add Fortnite to your library and launch the game
Once subscribed, you have access to the Nvidia service store. Therefore, you should be able to download Fortnite on your Chromebook.
To do this, go to the GeForce Now interface, search for Fortnite, then click + Library .
Next, click on Fortnite , then click Play . You will just have to wait for a GeForce platform to be available.
Download Fortnite via Google Play Store on Chromebook
For a few months now, it has been possible to play many games on Chromebooks and Chrome OS tablets thanks to Android.
Note, however, that to run Android apps you will need a 64-bit processor, 64-bit Chrome OS, and at least 4 GB of RAM.
As for Fortnite, although it’s not officially available on Chromebook, you can still download it through developer mode . However, this is only possible on three Chromebook models:
- Acer Chromebook R11
- Asus Chromebook flip
- Google Chromebook Pixel (2015)
Now, to switch your Chromebook to developer mode:
Warning: Switching to developer mode deletes your data and files, so we recommend that you save your files to a hard drive.
- Simultaneously press Esc + Refresh (F5) + Power button .
- On the warning screen, press the Ctrl and D keys simultaneously
- When your Chromebook asks you to turn off OS checks, confirm with Enter
- On the developer mode top screen, press Ctrl and D .
Now, each time you start your Chromebook, you’ll need to press the keys Ctrl + D . We also recommend.
- The cost of real estate in New York might surprise youReal Estate NYC | Sponsored Listing
- Apple’s MagSafe Charger is already having some issues
- Finding a Job in the UK might be easier than you think jobs in UK | Sponsored Listing
After activating developer mode on your Chromebook, here is the procedure: How to install Fortnite on a Chromebook?
- Go to Settings → Google Play → Manage Android preferences.
- Tap Security, then tap Unknown sources.
- On your Android smartphone, go to fortnite.com/ android and download EpicGamesApp.apk when prompted.
- Connect your phone to your Chromebook to transfer EpicGamesApp.apk.
- Run it.
- Click Package Installer → Install → Open → Install.