There are many different laptop models that developers can choose from. Each model has its own pros and cons.
The ASUS ROG G703 is a high-end laptop with powerful hardware and an attractive design. It has an Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor, 16GB RAM, and 512GB SSD storage. The only downside is the price which is around $2,000.
The Lenovo Legion Y520 is a mid-range laptop with powerful hardware and a stylish design. It has an Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor, 8GB RAM, and 500GB SSD storage in its base configuration but can be upgraded to a 1TB SSD for $300 more. The only downside is the price which starts at $899 for the base configuration.
What are the Key Features of a Good Developer Laptop?
A laptop is a personal computer that has been designed for use by one person in particular, rather than for general use. A laptop typically has a smaller screen and less powerful hardware than a desktop computer, but it may have more features that are useful to developers.
Key features of a good laptop include:
– Powerful graphics card: This is essential for graphic designers and those who work with 3D software.
– Solid configuration: The processor should be powerful enough to handle the software you need to run without any issues.
– Memory: A lot of memory is needed for large projects, so make sure your laptop has at least 16GB or more.
– Solid build quality: The hardware should be built well enough to last long without any issues.
How to Shop For a Good Developer Laptop and Avoid Buying Scams
With the rise of online shopping, it’s important to be careful when buying a laptop from online retailers.
Here are some things you should consider before buying a laptop:
– Do your research on the company. Check out their website and social media accounts to see if they have any reviews or feedback about them. If you don’t see any, then it might be a scam.
– Avoid buying laptops that are advertised as “pre-owned” or “gently used” because they usually come with hidden defects that could cause problems down the road.
– Don’t buy laptops from websites that don’t have an official storefront. They’re likely just using stolen images and logos to sell their products.